Fold-over Elastic 3/4" x 2yd Turquoise - by Annie
3/4 inch wide, 2 yards long. Nylon & Spandex
ByAnnie's two-yard packages of fold-over elastic display beautifully alongside their hardware, zippers and more. Packaged individually in bags with a barcoded hang-tag they can be hung in rows or thrown together in a basket for an explosion of color.
We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags. (Care and instructions: Machine wash warm, do not bleach. Tumble dry at medium heat.)
Not working with mesh? Fold-over elastic is perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit. It also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit your special baby.
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand. Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.
Made of: Nylon and Spandex
Size: 3/4in x 2yds
Included: One Roll